Teddi Mellencamp says Dorit Kemsley is 'going to do the work' and process 'traumatic' home invasion


She’s leaning on friends now more than ever.

And Teddi Mellencamp admitted that Dorit Kemsley is ‘going to do the work’ to process the terrifying home invasion that happened when she was home with her children at her Encino mansion just last week.

The 40-year-old former reality star, who worked with Dorit on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills for a few seasons, noted that Kemsley is ‘so beautiful and so strong’ as she navigates the difficult terrain of overcoming the traumatic event.

Strong: Teddi Mellencamp admitted that Dorit Kemsley is 'going to do the work' to process the terrifying home invasion that happened when she was home with her children at her Encino mansion just last week; seen in 2019

Strong: Teddi Mellencamp admitted that Dorit Kemsley is ‘going to do the work’ to process the terrifying home invasion that happened when she was home with her children at her Encino mansion just last week; seen in 2019

‘She is so incredibly strong, the way that she was able to handle everything, the way that her kids never had to know anything was going on,’ the former Bravo reality star told Access. 

‘I know that she’s going to do the work to be able to get through, you know, it’s very traumatic — like beyond traumatic.’

John Mellencamp’s daughter added: ‘I’m having a hard time sleeping at night and it didn’t even happen to me. She’s a good person and nobody deserves that, I’m just so beyond grateful that they’re all okay.’

Awful: DailyMail.com exclusively revealed that three men broke into Kemsley's $6.4 million Encino Hills home just before 11 p.m. on Thursday while she and her children slept; seen in June

Awful: DailyMail.com exclusively revealed that three men broke into Kemsley’s $6.4 million Encino Hills home just before 11 p.m. on Thursday while she and her children slept; seen in June

DailyMail.com exclusively revealed that three men broke into Kemsley’s $6.4 million Encino Hills home just before 11 p.m. on Thursday while she and her children slept. 

During the invasion, the intruders entered the home around by smashing through the children’s classroom door. Two of the suspects walked into Kemsley’s bedroom while she was sleeping and she woke up to them standing at the end of her bed.

They grabbed her as as she begged: ‘Don’t hurt my babies. Don’t kill me. I’m a mother.’ To which one of the men responded: ‘Kill her.’ 

Friends: The 40-year-old former reality star, who worked with Dorit on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills for a few seasons, noted that Kemsley is 'so beautiful and so strong' as she navigates the difficult terrain of overcoming the traumatic event.

Friends: The 40-year-old former reality star, who worked with Dorit on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills for a few seasons, noted that Kemsley is ‘so beautiful and so strong’ as she navigates the difficult terrain of overcoming the traumatic event.

'My kids are unaware of what happened, they slept through it and I thank God for keeping my kids and myself from being physically harmed,' Kemsley said on Instagram

‘My kids are unaware of what happened, they slept through it and I thank God for keeping my kids and myself from being physically harmed,’ Kemsley said on Instagram 

Dorit broke her silence days later on Instagram: As you all know by now I have been through a terrifying ordeal, one that no parent or person should ever have to experience…

‘My kids are unaware of what happened, they slept through it and I thank God for keeping my kids and myself from being physically harmed.’  

Kemsley said she appreciated the outpouring of support she has received and added that her family needed to start the healing process.

She added: ‘I have thrown myself straight back into work as I want our family to return to normality as soon as possible.

‘With the love and support of my husband, my incredible family, friends, fans and followers, I am confident this is the right thing to do whilst I independently work through the trauma.’

Pushing through: Dorit Kemsley's husband PK gave fans an update on how his wife and kids are doing after they were victims of a terrifying home invasion this week

Pushing through: Dorit Kemsley’s husband PK gave fans an update on how his wife and kids are doing after they were victims of a terrifying home invasion this week

Kemsley recently returned from a trip to London, where she attended her nephew’s wedding on Tuesday alongside her husband, PK Kemsley.

PK was still abroad at the time of the attack, but is now back at home and by his wife’s side.  

Mellencamp discussed more of the robbery on her own podcast, and noted that she spent the morning after the incident with Dorit.

‘I started getting these text messages from people like, “Is Dorit okay?” And I’m like, “What are you talking about?” And then I saw the news [reports] that her house had been broken into and her kids were home and that she was robbed, and so I spent the morning over there at her house,’ she said. 

A source told PEOPLE magazine: ‘She is continuing to put one foot in front of the other and is trying to keep things as normal as possible for her children while personally trying to heal from the trauma she has experienced. She has a long journey ahead involving therapy and is committed to the process.’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.