Strictly's Anton Du Beke, 55, reveals his twins, four, cried when they saw him on television


‘They couldn’t understand what I was doing there!’ Strictly’s Anton Du Beke, 55, reveals his twins, 4, CRIED when he appeared on-screen due to confusion over his TV stardom


Anton Du Beke’s children no longer cry when they see him on Strictly Come Dancing – despite previously being left bereft over his appearances.

The BBC ballroom dance contest judge, 55, is father to twins George and Henrietta, four, with wife Hannah, and Anton revealed his offspring are delighted to see him on screen after years of confusion over his stardom.

However, they weren’t always so pleased – as they were left so confused at seeing him on television, they used to burst into tears. 

Family affair: Anton Du Beke's children - twins George and Henrietta, four - no longer cry when they see him on Strictly Come Dancing after previously being baffled at seeing him on screen

Family affair: Anton Du Beke’s children – twins George and Henrietta, four – no longer cry when they see him on Strictly Come Dancing after previously being baffled at seeing him on screen

Anton told OK! magazine: ‘A plumber came around and George, who’s four-and-a-half, said, “My Daddy is on Strictly Come Dancing.” And I went, “Yes!” It’s so gorgeous, isn’t it? 

‘Once upon a time, a couple of years ago, I would go on television and dance and they’d burst into tears. 

‘They couldn’t quite understand what I was doing there and couldn’t quite get it. But now they love it and get all excited.’

Proud: Anton told OK! magazine: 'They couldn't quite understand what I was doing there and couldn't quite get it. But now they love it and get all excited'

Proud: Anton told OK! magazine: ‘They couldn’t quite understand what I was doing there and couldn’t quite get it. But now they love it and get all excited’

Anton is appearing on Strictly this year as a replacement judge for regular Bruno Tonioli, 65.

Bruno is currently on the judging panel of the US equivalent, Dancing With The Stars, but decided not to appear on the UK series this year and travel between the countries as he has in previous years due to pandemic travel restrictions.

And Anton’s fellow judge Craig Revel Horwood, 56, reportedly wants to see Bruno make a return to the show as he feels the panel is ‘flat’ this year.

Couple: The Strictly Come Dancing star shares his children with wife Hannah who he married in 2017 (pictured in 2017)

Couple: The Strictly Come Dancing star shares his children with wife Hannah who he married in 2017 (pictured in 2017)

A TV source told The Sun: ‘Craig feels the chemistry is a bit flat without Bruno.

‘He brought some pizzazz and expertise to the panel.’  

Now flights to America have resumed, it is claimed Craig and a number of show executives would like to see Bruno make a comeback. 

Bold words: Craig Revel Horwood, 56, wants to see Bruno Tonioli, 65, back as a judge on Strictly Come Dancing as he believes the panel is 'flat' without him

Bold words: Craig Revel Horwood, 56, wants to see Bruno Tonioli, 65, back as a judge on Strictly Come Dancing as he believes the panel is ‘flat’ without him

The source added: ‘Craig would love for his pal to return next year and thinks it’s possible now that the world is opening up.  

‘They have a spark that is difficult to recreate. But Anton has a strong fan base and there is definitely a camp who would like him to stay.’

MailOnline contacted a representative for Craig for comment.

Strictly Come Dancing returns on Saturday 13th November at 6:40pm, with the results show on Sunday 14th November at 7:20pm on BBC One. 

Stateside: Bruno, 65, is currently serving as a judge on the US version of the show, Dancing With The Stars

Stateside: Bruno, 65, is currently serving as a judge on the US version of the show, Dancing With The Stars

Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.